What we are doing to increase your safety during COVID-19
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency's recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, since they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We are checking patient's temperature upon check-in.
- Once the doctor is ready for the patient, we have them do an oral rinse (hydrogen peroxide water mix) to help minimize any exposure.
- Air purifiers are located around the office to help filter out the air and aerosols that are working throughout the day.
- Extra oral dental suction removes droplets and aerosol particles created while providing treatment.
- UV light sterilizer will be ensuring to sterilize each treatment room after each dental patient.
Our office is committed to ensuring the safety of our patients and staff therefore the whole office is wiped down in between patient's along with all the new equipment mentioned above to help increase our patient's safety. Below, you will see a video demonstrating our efforts to increase patient safety.